We are very lucky to have such lovely, natural surroundings on our school yard. This provides great opportunities for imaginative play; the children play shop/restaurant using leaves, twigs and pebbles. There are lots of areas amongst the trees for building forts/huts. Today there was great activity at the Bug Hotel and lots of digging nearby!
Outdoor play is the best play.
Research shows us that spending time outdoors has the following benefits for children.
- promotes brain growth and better gut health
- helps to develop their social skills
- improves their ability to communicate
- supports their sensory awareness
- builds resilience
- promotes creativity and imagination
- reduces stress and fatigue
- improves physical and mental health
- helps them to become more confident
- offers them the opportunity to learn about their own abilities and become more independent.